-- if you don't like music(k), we don't like you --

Thursday 8 January 2009

What's on our generic MP3 player...

Let's have a little look at what's been playing in the Musick office* this week shall we?
* By office I mean small studio flat, but it sounds less prosaic.

Florence & The Machine 'Dog Days Are Over'



I know, I know, she's bloody everywhere. I tried to resist, I really did, but this song is brilliant. Florence will be collecting that silly Brit award Adele won last year at this years Brit Awards...by then we'll be sick of her, promise.

Deerhunter 'Nothing Ever Happened'



Brilliant song from the equally brilliant Microcastle/Weird Era Continued album. Fun fact; lead singer Bradford Cox suffers from Marfan Syndrome as do I. Kind of. Well, they thought I had it but they're not sure. Either way it's fine, I'm not sick, just really tall.

Metronomy 'My Heart Rate Rapid'



Great single from a really fun album (Nights Out). There are about seven singles on the album and yet it's probably owned by about 500 people in the entire country. There's no justice.

Common feat. Cee-Lo 'Make My Day'



It's January, it's depressing, there's nowt going on; why not kick back with this Summer joint (ahem) and imagine you're at a cook out with Common, Cee-Lo and a plethora of bitches (hey, I don't make the rules!).

No comments:

Post a Comment