-- if you don't like music(k), we don't like you --

Monday 9 June 2008

Rob's New Music Corner

Like a major multinational company, Musick is secretly funded and controlled by a sinister Svengali, a mystery figure who pulls the strings and pays the wages. Kind of like Guy Hands. In order to keep my job - and my kneecaps- in tact, I have finally given in and allowed Rob (that's all I can divulge) his chance to share some of his favourite new music. Rob is obviously incredibly busy so I will write his words down for you to enjoy.

First up is Canadian three piece, Plants and Animals.



As you can see they look a bit like Flaming Lips, lots of unruly hair and zany props, but musically it's all thrummed guitars, pianos and some beautiful harmonies. Check out 'Bye Bye Bye' on their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/plantsandanimals

Next up is Orphans & Vandals, a five piece who probably hail from Shoreditch by the look of them. They have exotic names such as Quinta and Raven, and are, as you can see, terribly moody:



Lead singer Al Joshua looks a bit like Sean Penn and seems intent on bringing back the spoken word intro, much like a younger Jarvis Cocker. New single 'Terra Firma' is pretty good (although he sounds too much like Johnny Borrell for my liking), they're just missing that one killer song. Listen to them here: http://www.myspace.com/orphansandvandals

Fingers crossed my job is secure...

1 comment:

  1. I've just renewed your contract for a month. good work.

    ReplyDelete